Sunday, August 28, 2005

Start anew

Like taking a shower after a busy day, or shaving my head before I start a new project; re-formatting my computer leaves me with this feeling of cleanliness, a new page, a road ahead of me full of secrets and marvels waiting to be discovered.

Once I get over the tiredsome task of reinstalling all my programs (and I have lots of those), recovering the archived emails, importing my old bookmarks and re-organizing the fonts, looking at your computer performing on its expected way is really rewarding. It wakes up my creative juices and I come up with all these crazy ideas about a new web-project, a radical-changing design or the latest illustration.

It is really a fresh start and we all love those. We want to leave behind the heavy baggage we've been carrying around and see the new possibilities of the way in front of us, and we feel happy and positive about life.

This made me think... We don't need to wait for our Hard Drive to go bad, or shave our head to feel fresh (shower is always recommended) if we want to start anew. As a matter of fact every second of our life is a new beginning, a perfect moment, the only moment that is real. The past is gone, the future may never come, so right now is as good as any other moment to start fresh.

I forget this too often and I get tangle with how the past went or the future will go. "Wait until this happen and then I will enjoy life".

Then I re-read some passage from any of Thich Nhat Hanh's books and understand right away what I have to do. I need to be aware of the present moment, the only moment to be alive.

Breathing in, I calm my body.
Breathing out, I smile.
Dwelling in the present moment
I know this is a wonderful moment.
--Thich Nhat Hanh

I am very happy my computer is working fine and I am very happy it broke down, because it gave me the opportunity to start fresh.

Thanks Master Thai.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home