Friday, October 28, 2005

Squared Media

Squared Media
Watch the movie. (part1)

"I am always trying to do what I can not do yet, in order to learn how to do it"...
Ok, I didn't say this. It is a quote from Vincent Van Gogh, but in any case I totally feel identified.

We "vloggers" are not media professionals (at least I am not), we are just learning the tools, the language, the do's and dont's, the rules... So I am continuously looking for new ways to brake them, to play with them.

This movie is meant to be seen on a page with grey background (the one that usually pops up when you click on the link for a movie... (the standard, if you know what I mean). Soooo it should work if you just click the link on top.

I have a second part that I will be posting soon... I have other things to do besides posting "friggin" videos. One has to eat you know....

Enjoy

8 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Suzuki said...

Cool! I like the bouncing walls! Did you use Final Cut Pro to do that?

11:57 PM  
Blogger escorial said...

Bouncing walls all over my house :P

I used iMovie and Flash for the FX :P, FinalCut Pro is way too expensive for an empty packet like mine.

I won't be doing many of these. They are time consuming and good for design purposes but not sure for "vlogging".

12:21 AM  
Blogger Markus Sandy said...

Clever! That was fun. Thanks for sharing that. How much time did it take to produce that?

8:04 AM  
Blogger escorial said...

Markus,
this one took a bit too much for my taste. Not time puting the footage together, but the work in flash was about 5 hours for this video and a second one.

I enjoy mixing my vlogs with more artsy style, experimental but I am wondering how "pure" of a vlog this is?. I feel it is kind of a vlog with hormons and steroids.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Steve Garfield said...

It's a vlog. Don't worry! Be happy!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Rick Q. said...

Escorial,
Great stuff! I LOVE YOUR CREATIVITY!

I AM SHOPPING AROUND FOR A DECENT CAMcorder...what do you use to get that widescreen look. I looks great!

Thanks!

10:10 PM  
Blogger escorial said...

Rick,
I have a Sony I bought around 6 or 7 years ago. At that time it cost me around $1,600. Of course now you have better cameras for way less price. Mine is a bit heavy compaired to the new ones but it kind of helps when you are shooting without a tripod. For the widescreen look, I started to recors at 16:9 wide (standadrd for movies on big screen), an option that I believe comes with many cameras (I kinda like the big-screen feeling) and now with iMovie you can create a project with the preferences for "DV wide" so it does not distort your footage.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the visit.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Rick Q. said...

E<
Thank you for your quick reply. ANd for your insight to camcorders. Your vblog and content have inspired me greatly.Especially since my son is one week from being born...when will I find time it create and so all that I have in the past. I guess after watching your videos...maybe after they all go to sleep. :0

Blessings to you and your family and business!

Rick Q.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home